Please Read Carefully.
- Your Acceptance Through Use
- The Types of Information We Collect
- How We Use Your Information
- Information Provided to Us About You by Third Parties
- Third Parties with Whom We Share Your Personal Information
- How Long We Keep Your Personal Information
- Your Privacy Rights
- Changes to this Policy
- Cookie Use by Us
- Performance Tracking
- Managing Your Cookie Preferences
- Contact Us
- Your Acceptance Through Use
2. The Types of Information We Collect
The types of personal information we may collect from you, or you may choose to provide include:
- Contact information (such as your name, postal or e-mail address, and phone number)
- In relation to our recruitment activities, your professional information (such as your name, business email, business phone, business address, country in which you do business, your industry, job title or role)
- Account information (such as username or password)
- Client Relationship data (such as business contact information, country in which you do business, your industry, job title or role, professional interactions and relationship data, including your primary Property One contacts and your record of interactions with Property One, your contact preferences, and information you provide to us which assist us in serving the business relationship, such as the types of investments you are interested in)
- Online identifiers (such as your mobile device advertising identifier and geo-location data)
In addition, we collect the following information about you from third parties:
- Your social media interactions with us (for example, when you “like” a post on social media platforms)
- Technical information from advertisements we place on third party websites (such as your IP address, browser type and version, device identifiers, location and time zone setting)
3. How We Use Your Information
Communications With You – Offerings and Services In Which You Expressed Interest:
When you visit or transact business on this Site, you may be required to register with us or be requested to provide us with personal and account information. When you provide us with this information, we may use it to contact you about the offerings or services in which you have expressed an interest. Property One has a legitimate business interest to use the personal information we collect from you to provide such requested services. Where we have relied on your consent, however, if you tell us that you do not want us to use this information as a basis for further contact with you (by accessing our opt-out procedure described below), we will respect your wishes.
Communications With You – Newsletters and Marketing Purposes:
In order to keep our users and clients informed about our latest news, products and services, we may send e-mails and marketing communications to the email address provided to us while registering on our Site or requesting information from us. Property One complies with applicable laws when using your personal information for this purpose, and where applicable (such as in the EU) relies on your consent. Please be aware that we do sometimes partner with third parties to send marketing communications that promote a third party’s products and services (for example, those of our business partners) as well as our own. If you elected to opt–in to any of our email lists, newsletters or other promotional offerings and later decide that you no longer wish to receive such newsletters or promotional e-mail from us, you may unsubscribe by following the instructions contained in each email we send to you (or use the opt-out procedure described below).
Professional Interactions With You – Customer Relationship Management:
We may use your client relationship data (collected via a business card with a Property One employee or when you communicate with a Property One employee via phone or email, for example) to provide you with services you request and manage our relationship with you. We may also use certain de-identified and aggregated data about our clients for our internal data analytics purposes. Property One has a legitimate business interest to use the personal information we collect from you to provide such requested services and in order to be able to service our clients better. With your consent, we may send you information or services or a promotional nature that we consider may be relevant to you.
We may also use the personal information we obtain about you for the following purposes:
- Operating, evaluating and improving our business (including developing new products and services; managing our communications; determining the effectiveness of and optimizing our advertising; analyzing our products, services, websites and any other digital assets; facilitating the functionality of our websites, and mobile applications and any other digital assets)
- Preparing and furnishing aggregated data reports, which may include anonymized information
- Enforcing our Terms and Conditions or other legal rights
We also may use the information in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection. If you object to us using information in other ways you can email firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Information Provided to Us About You by Third Parties
We may present or embed content on our Site, such as property listings, that is provided by our third-party vendors. This content may contain links to other sites not operated by Property One or may request personal information. For example, this content may ask for an email address to subscribe to alerts or share a listing with a friend. This information is collected by our vendors and not by us. In some cases, these vendors may share the personal information they collect from you with us. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of our vendors. We encourage you to review their privacy policies to understand how they will use and share the personal information you provide to them.
Third Party Usage:
Where applicable law allows, we will purchase marketing data from third parties and add it to our existing user database to better target our advertising and to provide pertinent offers in which we think you would be interested. We may also associate this marketing data to the personally identifiable information that you provide to us.
5. Third Parties with Whom We Share Your Personal Information
Third Parties for Retargeting Advertising:
We may share your personal information with companies acting as our authorized agents in providing our services, including the following categories of service provider:
- infrastructure and IT service providers, including cloud service providers
- marketing, advertising and communications agencies
- external auditors and advisors
- cookie analytics providers
- online advertisers
- providers of website testing / analytics services
Each service provider must agree to implement and maintain reasonable security procedures and practices appropriate to the nature of your information in order to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, destruction, use, modification or disclosure.
Where we share your personal information for our legitimate interests you can object to this disclosure. Please be aware that when you object to disclosure of your personal information for Property One’s legitimate interests it may affect the services we provide to you. More information on Your Rights are below.
Legally Affiliated Entities:
In the event that Property One is merged, or in the event of a transfer of our assets, Site or operations, Property One may disclose or transfer your personal information in connection with such transaction. In the event of such a transfer, Property One will notify you via email or by posting a prominent notice on our Site for 30 days of any such change in ownership of Property One resulting in a change of control of your personal information. We may also share your personal information with Property One affiliates in order to provide or offer services to you.
Legally Compelled Disclosure:
We will also disclose your personal information when required to do so by law, for example, in response to a court order or a subpoena or other legal obligation, in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement agency’s requirements, or in special cases when we have reason to believe that disclosing your personal information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with (whether intentionally or unintentionally) our rights or property.
Property One endeavors to protect the security of your personal information and your choices for its intended use. We use Secure Socket Layers or SSL technology to protect the transmission of sensitive personal information such as your credit card number. We store your personal information on a secure server, and use procedures designed to protect the personal information we collect from unauthorized access, destruction, use, modification or disclosure.
Although we will take (and require our third-party providers to take) commercially reasonable security precautions regarding your personal information collected from and stored on the Site, due to the open nature of the Internet, we cannot guarantee that any of your personal information stored on our servers, or transmitted to or from a user, will be free from unauthorized access, and we disclaim any liability for any theft or loss of, unauthorized access or damage to, or interception of any data or communications. By using the Site, you acknowledge that you understand and agree to assume these risks.
7. How Long We Keep Your Personal Information
We will only retain the personal information we collect about you for as long as necessary for the purpose for which that information was collected, and to the extent permitted by applicable laws. We take steps to ensure that when we no longer need to use your personal information, we remove it from our systems and records and/or take steps to anonymize it so that you can no longer be identified from it (unless we need to keep your information to comply with legal or regulatory obligations to which we are subject).
8. Your Privacy Rights
When you register on this Site, we may ask you to select whether you would like to receive email and electronic communications from us such as offers, news, reports and other promotional communications. You may withdraw your consent or opt-out of receiving such communications at any time by contacting us as described below.
Additionally, where we process your personal information for our legitimate interests you will have the right to object to such processing. Please be aware that where you object to this sort of processing it may affect our ability to carry out tasks as listed in this policy.
You may contact us:
(a) by telephone, at +1 504 681 3400
(b) by following the Opt-Out or unsubscribe instruction contained in the body of any marketing e-mail from us
(c) by sending us an e-mail at email@example.com, including a copy of the e-mail you have received and by typing “Remove” in the subject line of your e-mail
(d) by mail: Property One, Inc., 3500 N Causeway Blvd., Suite 600, Metairie, LA 70002 Attention: Data Privacy
Your election not to receive newsletters or promotional and marketing correspondence from us will not: (i) preclude us from corresponding with you, by email or otherwise, regarding your existing or past relationship with us, and (ii) preclude us, including our employees, contractors, agents and other representatives, from accessing and viewing your personal information in the course of maintaining and improving the Site.
Requesting Access to Your Personal Information and Other Rights:
You may also have rights under applicable law to request to review, access, correct, delete, port or object to our processing your personal information processed by us, and lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. If so, you may do so by making a request on Property One’s data subject rights portal or submitting your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
Independent Recourse for Privacy Shield Complaints:
Information about independent recourse for Privacy Shield complaints can be found above.
10. Changes to this Policy
We are a rapidly evolving business. We will continue to assess this Policy against new technologies and services, business practices as well as our clients’ needs, and make changes to this Policy from time to time as required. If we make any material changes to this Policy, we will make changes here and, if the changes are significant, we will provide a more prominent notice (including, for certain services, email notification of Policy changes).
What is a Cookie:
A cookie is a small text file that a website stores on your personal computer, telephone or any other device, with information about your navigation on that website. Cookies facilitate browsing and to make it more user-friendly. A cookie contains the name of the server it came from, the expiry of the cookie, and a value – usually a randomly generated unique number. Cookies do not give access to nor damage your computer.
Cookie Use by Us
We use browser session cookies, which are temporary cookies that are erased from your device’s memory when you close your Internet browser or turn your computer off, and persistent cookies, which are stored on your device until they expire, unless you delete them before that time. We group browser cookies on our site into three categories, which you can manage through our Cookie Preference Manager:
- Required cookies: These cookies are necessary to enable the basic features of this site to function, such as identifying you as a valid user, ensuring that no one else can sign on simultaneously with your account from another computer and helping us serve you better based on your registration preferences. These cookies also allow you to select your cookie preferences.
- Functional cookies: These cookies allow us to analyze your use of the site to evaluate and improve our performance. They may also be used to provide a better customer experience on this site. For example, providing us information about how our site is used and helping us facilitate any promotions or surveys that we provide.
- Advertising cookies: These cookies may be used to share data with advertisers so that the ads you see are more relevant to you, allow you to share certain pages with social networks, or allow you to post comments on our site.
Cookies Are Not Used to Store Sensitive Data:
The cookies we use do not store sensitive personal information, such as your address, your password, or your credit card data.
- Performance Tracking
If you would like more information about the third party cookies on our website and to find out more about your choice to not have your information used by third parties, please contact us at email@example.com.
Managing Your Cookie Preferences
Cookie Preference Manager:
Do Not Track:
We currently do not respond to “Do Not Track” signals from your browser. Our use of tracking technologies may instead be controlled through our Cookie Preference Manager.
You may restrict, block or delete the cookies from this Site at any time by changing the configuration of your browser. You can find out how to do this, and find more information on cookies, at https://www.allaboutcookies.org/. In addition, while each browser has different settings and configurations, cookies settings can typically be adjusted in the “Preferences” or “Tools” menu. Your browser’s “Help” menu may provide additional information.
You are always free to contact us if you have questions or concerns regarding this Policy, have a question or problem related to your use of the Site, or wish to exclude your personal information from our direct marketing purposes. Our standard business practice is to retain any communications from our Site visitors to help us to serve each of you better.
You may contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to us at 3500 N Causeway Blvd, Ste 600, Metairie, LA 70002 Attention: Front Desk, Data Privacy.